Just call me Roger Ebert
I entered an Oscar Pool with some friends from high school and was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work on Sunday to see I had won the pool (69 dollars) and that I had picked more categories right than Roger Ebert.
Honestly, if I could do anything other than being in law school, I would love to be a movie reviewer for a major American newspaper. There's little in the world I enjoy more than going to the theater to see a new release.
As for the show, I didn't catch much of it but from my picks you can probably guess that I was very happy with the selections. Here's a couple of notes.
Honestly, if I could do anything other than being in law school, I would love to be a movie reviewer for a major American newspaper. There's little in the world I enjoy more than going to the theater to see a new release.
As for the show, I didn't catch much of it but from my picks you can probably guess that I was very happy with the selections. Here's a couple of notes.
- I really enjoyed Million Dollar Baby. It may have been a little formulaic but it was a very powerful and moving production. It was the first movie directed by Clint Eastwood that I honestly enjoyed and am happy he was rewarded.
- I'm surpirsed Martin Scorsese didn't win for the Aviator. Usually, after a while, the Academy tends to give a life-time achievement award and I'm surprised he wasn't given one for The Aviator. I hated the movie, thought Clint's work was amazing, but I thought they'd go another way.
- You've gotta check out Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and the Before Sunrise/Before Sunset movies if you haven't seen them. Both are pretty amazing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home